Tuesday 10 May 2016

First Game: Night Lords Vs Death Guard!

Ave Dominus Nox!

Saturday, my Night Lords of the 9th company fight againt some Death Guard in their first Horus Heresy battle.

My opponent was playing:

Typhon
2 Deathshroud
1 Cataphractii Squad
2 Tactical Squad
2 Contemptor (One with Plasma, one with multimelta)

We deploy our troop to obtain strategical advantage on each other. Death Guard deployed first on all their line of front. On my area, I decided to put all my unit in one side to take my chance against the Cataphractii and Typhon with my number. I let my Delegatus and my tactical squad in the middle of the field to cover the Terror Squad et the Night Raptor.
Freddy was in his pod ready to join the fight.
The game begins!
First turn was fast, the Death Guard were advancing towards my position et do some casualty on my side with the multimelta.
On his side, Freddy arrives between the cataphractii and Typhon plus Bodyguard.  My Terror Squad move a little and succeed in killing on of the Deathshroud and make Typhon fall back.

Second turn was harder. The Death Guard start shooting really hard on my line doing some damage on my Terror and Tactical Squad. Freddy was charged by the Cataphractii who loosed two members of the squad but he looses two HP doing this.
My shooting phase wasn't that great, just killing some tactical marines and Freddy was destroyed by the cataphractii.
Freddy Vs Cataphractii
Third turn, the Death Guard continue to advance on my position and do more shooting, without success.
During my turn, my Night Lords decide to attack all out the Death Guard. Terror Squad shoot the Tactical Squad: 10 saves to made: 0 Death Guard killed... It will be hard.
Second phase of the attack: Night Raptor against the Cataphractii: 25 attacks, 16 save to made... 0 cataphractii killed. In turn, the Cataphractii killed the Night Raptor and their sergeant ran for his life.
Turn 4 wasn't really famous, more shooting and casualties in both army.

Turn 5, the Death Guard was in position to assault my line. Terror Squad was attacked by the Cataphractii and Typhon. And a Contemptor decided to attacked my Delegatus and Tactical Squad.
The Delegatus and the Tactical squad destroyed the Contemptor but loosed some members during the fight.
Terror Squad do a great job killing all the cataphractii but loosed most of their members when Typhon strikes back.
The last turn was fast, my last Night Lords taking covers in the building in the middle of mt deployment area.
Terror Squad fights for the win and do two damages on Typhon and his bodyguard... but their armors protect them. Typhon killed the sergeant and the game was finished.

Result: Major defeat of my Night Lords!
Terror Squad for the win!
Some units show my their potential and I will fight against this Death Guard again. Next time victory will be mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment