Wednesday 11 March 2020

Drukhari - first battle report against Chaos!

Ave Dominus Nox!


First battle report with the new Druhkhari a couple of days ago against a Thousand Sons / Alpha Legion army, we played the scenario 4 of the new ITC rulepack.

My current army:

Battalion Black Heart: 2*Archon, 5 Kabalites, 9 kabalites, 10 Kabalites, 2*Ravager, 2*Raider, 1 Void Bomber
Outride detachment: 1 Succubus, 2*6 reavers, 1*5 Scourges, 2*Razorwing Jetfighter
My opponent army:

Battalion Alpha Legion: Lord with power fist, sorcerer, 3*10 cultists, 2*3 Obliterators 2*Scorpius relics whirlwind
Battalion Thousand Sons: Ahriman on disc, sorcerer, 10 cultists, 2*5 Rubrics

I gain initiative and my opponent select vanguard strike for deployment.

First turn:
Drukhari: I started playing by sending my flyer in position to fire against the Scorpius and Obliterators. As my opponent use a stratagem, I cannot shoot the obliterators and focus on damaging a Scorpius and killing one squad of cultists.

Chaos: He almost did not move, but he managed to destroy one flyer and cause some damage to the others.
Second turn:

Drukhari: I did a better turn by killing one Scorpius, one obliterator squad and removing from game 2 cultists squad. One reavers squad manage to do that by engaging in close combat with the cultists.

Chaos: Not a lot of move again, but during shooting phase, the second obliterator squad that arrive destroy my ravager and my flyers take lot of damage. The reaver squad in close combat died by the hand of the chaos lord.

Third turn:

Drukhari: without the ravager and as the plane are damage, I did not do a lot of thing, I kill a rubric squad and focus with the reavers to damage the remaining Scorpius as well as engaging him in close combat to lock him and prevent him from shooting.

Chaos: During the psychic phase, my Void Bomber and reavers died. My raiders follow them after the obliterator shoot at them.

End Game:

At this point, we do not have many units on the table anymore. I focus on scoring as much as I can as well as killing some units outside the enemy deployment area (one rubric squad, diminishing the number of obliterators…). My opponent move to take some objectives markers in order to score.
In the end: 22 victory points for me 29 for my opponent, victory for the Chaos!

Analysis:

I clearly made a mistake during first turn by forgetting to “Vect” his stratagem to protect the Obliterators. I miss an opportunity to destroy them and it costs me one razorwing as an immediate punishment.
Also, I should have send all the reavers in second turn to destroy the cultist/engineer squad. It gave 3 victory points to my opponent.

Conclusion, I need to play more with this army in order to remember all the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment