Wednesday 6 June 2018

Battle report: World Eater versus Blood Pact

Ave Dominus Nox!

Last Saturday, I played two games with my Blood Pact: first against Chaos Space Marines (CSM) affiliate to the World Eater legion then against Daemon.
We played the game at 1700pts and used the "Dominate and Destroy" scenario of Chapter Approved with "dawn of war" deployment.

My first opponent played the following list, one battalion:

Kharn
Aspiring champion
Daemon prince
2*9 berserkers (chain axe/chain sword), champion with power fist each squad in a rhino
17 cultists
20 Bloodletters
HellBrute lascanon/power fist
Ferrocentaurus
3 obliterators

For both game I played the same list:

Battalion
Tank commander
Company commander
3*10 infantry squad
20 conscripts
1 Astropath
1Platoon commander
3 Hellhound (inferno canon)
1 Scout sentinel
Heavy weapon squad 3 lascanon

Supreme command
Pask
Primaris Psyker
Lord Commissar
Shadowsword

We deployed our army as you can see in the pictures below. My opponent chooses to avoid the Shadowsword and seems to prepare his troops to use the cover to attack my left flank. On my side, I prepare to defend on the left and advance in the middle/right to control the map and 4 of the 6 objectives.
My opponent had the first turn, but I managed to steal him the initiative. Blood Pact, advance!
Blood Pact in position
Here are the foe!
 Turn 1

Blood Pact: I did not make a big first turn, I mostly moved my infantry squads to advance my Hellhound and tank commander with gatling in a better firing position for the next turn. My sentinel scout and advance to take and hold an objective.
During the shooting phase, I destroyed a rhino and heavily damaged the cultists.
 
CSM: Following the damage taken by the cultists, my opponent used a stratagem to redeploy them full strength on the left side on the board. The rest of his army advanced to use cover before rushing to my left side and in the right side, the ferrocentaurus was ready to charge my sentinel.
During the shooting phase, the hellbrute damaged my Tank commander with gatling.
The ferrocentaurus successfully charged and destroyed my sentinel, but found himself in a middle of a no man's land after that.

 Turn 2

Blood Pact: I continued to advance on all fronts to obtain a better shooting position. During the shooting phase, my sentinel was avenged with the destruction of the ferrocentaurus. The cultists were also destroyed for good and I heavily damaged the first squad of berzerker.
Not a big turn again, but my troops were in position to inflict maximum damage next turn depending on the move of the CSM.
CSM: They decided to rush and charge at my position on the left under the cover fire of the Hellbrute. In result, one of my hellhound was charged and exploded during the attack, destroying the damaged Tank commander, hurting the Daemon prince and damaging both squads of Berzerkers. A flashy exit no more no less but one that left a hole in my left flank.
 Turn 3

Blood Pact: the destruction of the Hellhound left a hole that some guard and a second Hellhound decided to compensate. I even stop a bit my advance in the middle to avoid any bad surprise since the obliterators and Bloodletter have not come yet.
During the shooting phase, I killed the daemon prince and the remaining survivor of a Berzerker squad and heavily damage the last rhino.
Not a bad turn, but the movement to completely secure the left flank was still in progress.
 
CSM: Bloodletters and Obliterators deep strike, the daemons in the left to attack some guard units. Obliterators in front of my main line with the hope of destroying Pask. The shooting phase wasn't that great, Pask was damaged, but he survived.
The assault phase was less good; the bloodletters easily killed the retreating unit of guard and create a real treat for all remaining forces in the left.
 Turn 4 & 5

I decided to take a hard decision: I sacrificed my platoon commander and heavy weapon squad in order to buy some time. Meanwhile, I destroyed the Obliterators, heavily damaged the bloodletter and killed the remaining berzerkers.
 Conclusion

In the end, the Blood Pact wins 22 victory points (13 objectives + 7 kill points + first blood and Line breaker) versus 14 victory points (8 objectives and 6 kill points) for the World Eater. I control the center and all right side of the table, but Kharn, an aspiring champion; a Hellbrute plus damaged Rhino were hiding on the left side. I have the upper hand, but it would have been difficult to completely destroy the CSM in 6 or even 7th turn as they were hiding to avoid me.

Next week: battle report between Blood Pact against the Daemon, will the host manage to obtain a second victory?

No comments:

Post a Comment