Tuesday 12 June 2018

Battle report: Blood Pact versus Chaos Daemons


Ave Dominus Nox!

It was my second game with my Blood Pact and this time against Daemon. To be consistent, it was the same day as the battle report against the World Eater here.
We played the game at 1700pts and used the "Ascension" scenario of Chapter Approved with "vanguard strike" deployment.

My opponent played the following list, one battalion and 2 patrols:

Daemon prince (Nurgle)
Poxbringer
Bilepipper
Skullmaster (herald of Khorne on juggernaut)
Herald of Tzeentch
30 Plaguebearers
20 horrors
10 Bloodletter
9 Screamers
9 Flamers of Tzeentch
2*3 nurglings
1 beast of Nurgle

I played the same list as the first game:

bataillon
Tank commander
Company commander
3*10 infantery squad
20 conscripts
1 Astropath
1Platoon commander
3 Hellhound (inferno canon)
1 Scout sentinel
Heavy weapon squad 3 lascanon

Suprem command
Pask
Primaris Psyker
Lord Comissar
Shadowsword

We deployed our army as you can see in the pictures below. As you can see, I assumed a defensive position with my conscript and infantry squad in screen to protect the Hellhound and big guns. My opponent puts most of his troops in position to rush at my line. Note that the flamers, bloodletters and herald of Tzeentch were in the warp waiting for an opportunity to strike.
My opponent had the first turn. Blood Pact, resist for mighty Khorne!

Turn 1

Daemon: The first turn of the daemons was pretty fast: they advanced towards my position and the screamers moved in first line ready to hit my troopers wall. During the psychic phase, they send a few smites that killed some conscripts and buff the plaguebearers.

Blood Pact: After a quick scan of the advancing daemons, the Damagaur in charge of the Blood Pact decided to focus first on the screaners then on the plaguebearers that were the more important threats. After the shooting phase, all the screamers were killed and the plaguebearer despite their protection lost more than a third of their strength.

Turn 2

Daemon: The daemon did again a few smites during the psychic phase. Then they charged against my Blood Pact with everything they have. The daemon Prince charged one of the Hellhound and some guards, the plaguebearers, beast of Nurgle and skullmaster against the conscript. In result, one hellhound was damaged and most of the conscripts were killed.

Blood Pact: All units in close combat except the conscripts fell back. In result after a very short psychic phase, Pask, the other tank commander and the unengaged Hellhound killed the Daemon prince, one squad of nurgling, the beast of Nurgle and damaged a bit more the horrors.
During the following close combat phase, the last conscripts were killed.

Turn 3

Daemon: A deep strike of Bloodletter, herald of Tzeentch and flamers happened in the middle of the board. Also, the Plaguebearers moved to engage another squad of guards. During the shooting phase, the flamers heavily damaged one hellhound. Another one was a bit more damaged by a charge of the Bloodletters and one infantry squad of Blood Pact troopers was destroyed by the plaguebearers.
 
Blood Pact: Like the second turn, the surviving units in close combat fell back. During the shooting phase, the skullmaster, all the remaining bloodletters as well as heavy damage on the horrors. In the meantime, my scout sentinel continued to walk around the table to go in the deployment zone of the daemon. 

Turn 4

Daemon: Feeling that victory was not going to be easy for them, the daemons decided to attack a last time to inflict maximum damage on my troops before hiding. The flamers and bilepipper attack a unit of guards and a damaged Hellhound. They managed to destroy the hellhound and for the second time it exploded inflicting mortal wounds on Pask, Shadowsword, Primaris Psyker, Heavy weapon squad and Infantry squad. It also killed my astropath and the platoon commander.

Blood Pact: My line was shaken by the explosion of the Hellhound, but it still stands firm and manage to destroy the remaining horrors and plaguebearers as well as damage the flamers before they create any more damage to my line.

Turn 5

Daemon: The daemon rush a last time at my line, knowing that their only chance of victory was to oblige me to divide my forces and missed the opportunity to kill them all. They damaged a bit more some troopers squads and killed my etogaur (company commander).
 Blood Pact: feeling that victory was near, all my remaining troops attacked the last daemon. the gatling canon eviscerated the poxrbinger, an hellhound incinerated the herald of Tzeentch and the shadowsword transform the Bilepiper as nothing more than ashes. But it wasn't enough...
2 flamers survived at the end of the turn, I need a sixth turn to kill these survivors, we roll a dice and the result was a beautiful 4, my opponent conceded the victory.
 
Conclusion

In the end, the Blood Pact wins by killing all the daemons. Thanks Khorne for the 6th turn, otherwise I would have lost the game 3 victory points to 15 for my opponent despite the fact that only 2 flamers survived.
I have to be more cautious of victory conditions and may be more aggressive.
Let's see who I will fight against Friday 15th of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment